The Lit Candle Left at Home

by Amanda Harris
(Silverdale, Washington)

Growing up my family and I lived in a house that my mom saved up for years to purchase. I recall it was a small but gorgeous home, not more than what we needed at the time.

We hadn't owned it for more than five years when a terrible fire took away everything we loved and owned.

The fire was started by my older sister leaving a candle on her dresser near her bedroom window while we were out shopping. Her curtains were long and must have caught in the wind in a matter of hours our entire house was burnt, charred black, rubble, nothing left untouched by the fire.

We had never experienced anything like this catastrophe before. We had home insurance which was a relief but it was a complicated huge ordeal that cause a lot of stress on my mother and the rest of my entire family.

We had a lot of property that we were unable to prove we purchased or owned so my mother ultimately did not get reimbursed for items we loved and owned for a long time. Such as beloved antiques and other treasured family items.

Amanda Harris Silverdale, Washington

Click here to post comments

Join in and write your own page! It's easy to do. How? Simply click here to return to Disaster story.







































































































Return to the Home Page



Read testimonials from satisfied users of Easy-PIM. Leave your comment on how this has helped you and your family here.


Subscribe to our E-Zine. I will keep you up to date on things you should know about your Personal and Financial Records. I mean, you do want to know, don't you?

Enter Your E-mail Address
Enter Your First Name (optional)
Then

Don't worry — your e-mail address is totally secure.
I promise to use it only to send you Easy-PIM News.






Make your organizing quick and easy with the Easy-PIM Workbook Series. Order NOW!