No birth certificate, no social security card, no license

by Faith Green
(Panama City, Florida)

During relocation across country all of my family’s paperwork was burned in a house fire. Since I was relocating I was unable to go to the local office to have any of the documentation replaced. In my new location I was unable to register my children for school or to get any medical insurance. I also could not get an apartment or a job. I needed my birth certificates, social security cards, and other information. It took me 6 months to get the documents in the mail. Thankfully there were emergency services where I could get my children medical care and the local schools were able to accept my children on a temporary basis until I could get the paperwork. Due to the fact I couldn’t get insurance in my new location I now owe $2,000 in medical bills. This has been extremely stressful and obviously costly just because of some lost paperwork.

Click here to post comments

Join in and write your own page! It's easy to do. How? Simply click here to return to Have you had a home filing "incident"?.

Return to the Home Page

Read testimonials from satisfied users of Easy-PIM. Leave your comment on how this has helped you and your family here.

Subscribe to our E-Zine. I will keep you up to date on things you should know about your Personal and Financial Records. I mean, you do want to know, don't you?

Enter Your E-mail Address
Enter Your First Name (optional)

Don't worry — your e-mail address is totally secure.
I promise to use it only to send you Easy-PIM News.

Make your organizing quick and easy with the Easy-PIM Workbook Series. Order NOW!